Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fresh Eyes


In my last post, Laura Cosgrove Lorenzana reminded me of what I have to be grateful for. Yes, the final resting places of many are being disturbed. Yet she reminds me that the process is being conducted in a thoughtful and responsible manner.

One of my favorite sayings is “You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know.”  Bill Dickerson of the Las Vegas Institute introduced me to this thought. I don’t know if it is an original Bill Dickerson statement, but I credit him nonetheless. He is a very smart man who knows how to challenge the intellect. So what have I learned?

I have learned that the City of Chicago hired The Louis Berger Group to oversee the movement of the cemetery. A visit to their website, http://www.louisberger.com, leaves me speechless. The Louis Berger Group is on the forefront of world happenings. Should you view their featured projects, you will see St. Johannes Cemetery of Du Page County, Illinois along with all their worldwide projects! Okay, Chicago. I thank you.

The Chicago Department of Aviation created a website, http://www.stjohnsfamilyassistance.com. It has everything you need. The website gives information about the cemetery, the latest news, testimonials, FAQs and the location of all monuments and markers. Could one ask for more?

I learned that the Martha Ibbetson Chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution meets the first Friday of the month and that Joan Cosgrove is their Regent. This information may suggest kinship between Joan Cosgrove and Laura Cosgrove Lorenzana. Most importantly, I am grateful to these dedicated women who indexed St. Johannes Cemetery. Their efforts will help preserve the history and memory of what once was. Thank you to Laura for the translation of the German headstones.

This evening I received a phone call from one of my newfound Duntemann relatives. She told me that remains of a third person were found in the grave. They believe the remains are those of Christian and Millizena Duntemann’s daughter, Laura. They found earrings with her remains. She will be interred with her parents.

Can anyone ask for more? I am truly humbled by the care given my residents of St. Johannes Cemetery. I suspect every resident was treated with equal care and respect.

Laura Cosgrove Lorenzana gave me the gift of Fresh Eyes. This the ability to look at issues thoroughly and from all perspectives.

With Gratitude,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment