Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Dedicate My First Post to My Grandmother

Olga Bertha Louise Meyer nee Schumann is my paternal grandmother and mentor. She meticulously, though not always accurately, recorded family milestones in her Bible. She believed in those four words: Who, What, When and Where!

She included information about her children, her husband and in-laws, parents, grandparents, siblings and their spouses. Let’s not forget her nieces, nephews, grandchildren, their spouses and of course her great grandchildren. Photographs, cards/notes and a poppy from Flanders Field are just few of the treasures that reside in her Bible. She gave me a gift. Her Bible is my reference book and I treasure it.

Bibles are great resources. Thank you to those who felt the need to record the details of family life and to those who feel the need today. Next week I am off to meet with my second cousins on my Mother’s side. I am really looking forward to this gathering. My cousin, Sharon, is bringing our Great-great Grandfather’s Bible! I can’t wait!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Linda. And to the Geneablogger family.
    What is the story behind your blog's title?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer will be coming soon!

    ReplyDelete