Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Back in Time


Do you ever wish you could go back in time? I do. I would not mind traveling back in time for the opportunity of meeting this happy couple. Stephen and Elizabeth Dooley are dressed in their finest and appear to be celebrating an important event.

The corsage and boutonnière suggest some honor such as a wedding anniversary. I showed this photograph to my husband and he felt it was taken at Stephen’s retirement party. Perhaps that is the reason for his big smile!

My husband believes the photograph was taken sometime between 1955 - 1960. I would have to agree with the time frame based on Elizabeth’s hat with netting. I believe it was a popular look of the time.

I hope you have enjoyed the previous posts about Stephen Clement Dooley’s life. He lived his life well and was loved by all.


1 comment:

  1. I would love to go back in time. Imagine all the things we could learn !!

    ReplyDelete