Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy



Last year at this time, I was receiving my first lessons in distance education. With a mere three years of research experience, I had enrolled in the Boston University Genealogical Research Program. I was a fish out of water. Today if you asked me about last winter, I respond this way, “What Winter!” Really and truly, I do know that last winter was a terrible one with record snowfall here in Chicago and on the East Coast but during that time I was glued to my desk, sweating out my homework assignments, and trying to keep up with my talented classmates. I proudly completed the course work and received an A-.

Reflecting back, I am so happy that I did it and cannot tell you how much I miss my teachers, classmates and discussions. This class opened my eyes to a larger genealogical world. By the end of the course, I had set several goals that I am happy to say I have met. My goals related mostly to reaching out to the genealogical community. I have joined two national organizations and a local genealogical society.

Today, I am co-program chair of the North Suburban Genealogical Society. My partner and I have just completed our 2012 Program Calendar and it feels good. I am so happy to connect with other genealogists in my area.

This blog is also an outgrowth of my distance learning experience. I must also credit my sister-in-law, Carol Koke Meyer, for she inspired me with her own writing. And so, I continue learning and sharing.


Linda



1 comment:

  1. I am touched and honored. Let's just hope I live up to such high praise. Now you are my inspiration. You have sprouted wings and are flying fast and furious with this blog. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete