Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,


Some people live exciting lives. Some live ordinary lives. How do you define yourself?  How do you define your ancestors? Whether you view your life as exciting or ordinary or somewhere in between, I believe we all have a story to tell and I would like to hear yours!

I challenge you to write your story or an ancestor’s story. As family and friends we share grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors and friendships. Yet for all our commonality, we are still unique, on-of-a-kind creatures. What has happened in your life? Maybe you have recovered from an illness. Or maybe you have accomplished a challenging task. What makes you tick? Regarding our ancestors' stories: A story that I have heard may not be the one you heard. Or better yet it may be totally different!

My Uncle Paul Meyer recently shared his story with me. “Korea …My Story,” tells of my uncle’s personal experiences during the Korean War. Here is an excerpt from his introduction:

            “My grandchildren and great-grandchildren may one day want to know
about the experiences their grandpa had serving our country during
this least remembered war in Korea. This is for them.”

Will you please share your story? Please, please, pretty please! Don’t worry about punctuation or spelling. Just write and let your thoughts flow! Tell your story for the simple reason that you are special. If I am interested in your story, it is likely others are too!  

Let me know when your story is complete!
Happy Writing!


Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment