Wednesday, February 15, 2012

To Blog . . . Or To Research


The last few days I have put my blogging aside to begin organizing evidence with the goal of proving multiple links to Revolutionary War Patriots for one particular descendant. I believe this descendant has Revolutionary War Patriots on both paternal and maternal lines. This is a big job to prove and I am trying to organize evidence to plan my research. Please wish me luck.

Today was spent searching the web for evidence. I am particularly grateful to the Hendricks County, Indiana County Clerk. Many of their archives are scanned and can be accessed from my computer. Today I found original marriage licenses dating as far back as 1832. This is important information to connect generations.

Hendricks County, Indiana County Clerk, “Marriage License 1824-2003,” scanned database, “Hendricks County Archives Scanned Records (http://www.co.hendricks.in.us/Archive/ArchiveHome.asp : accessed 15 Feb 2012),  Marriage License Book 1&1/2, 1831-1837, digital page 59 of 174, 11 Oct 1832 marriage license of Alexander Adams and Vileta Cundiff.

 

I also located a transcription of the Will of Robert Adams who passed away in 1816. Robert Adams names his wife and children when bequeathing his worldly possessions. Finding the transcription necessitates trip to Pulaski County, Kentucky to view the original will, transcript it, photograph it or scan it.  All in all, today was a fruitful day.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment