Thursday, April 5, 2012

Puppy Love


My daughter is getting a puppy and I must admit that I have been smitten. Our home has been so quiet since the passing our sweet dog, Charlie, and I have been seriously considering getting a dog. In a round about way I found a poodle breeder in New York who has the most adorable puppies. What a temptation they are. Family gatherings with two little puppies would be double fun until I do the math. When considering the life span of a small dog in comparison to my age, I fear my puppy and I would enter old age together. I have been told to live for the moment and not to worry. I also have been told that I would be crazy to get a dog. What to do???? Here is a photograph of our Sweet Charlie napping on our armchair. Oh, how he loved to sleep on top of that chair! He brought us so much joy. I will keep you posted on my decision.




Back to the 1940 U.S. Census . . . It is a good thing that I did not wait for those Illinois census records to load onto my computer. If I had, I would still be waiting. I thought the entire census would be available on April 2nd. In reality the census is being rolled out state by state. Those looking for Illinois records will need to be very patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment