Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Darn It!


Life with a puppy has proved delightful yet challenging resulting in less “me” time. Today I caught up on my Who Do You Think You Are? episodes. Thank goodness for the ability to record favorite television programs.

I was surprised to hear that NBC has decided not to renew Who Do You Think You Are? for a fourth season. Ancestry.com thanked NBC for airing the program for three years and are looking for another avenue of distribution of the show.

Every action has a reaction. The obvious reaction is a huge number of disappointed genealogy fans. Despite the disappointment, there was another reaction.

Following the May 14th NBC announcement, Ancestry.com stock dropped 13.7 percent in a single day. On the morning of May 14, 2012, Ancesty.com stock was valued at $26.16 and by the close of the day the value dropped to $22.57. I checked the value today, May 16th and found the stock selling at $22.29.

Those who know me must be wondering how all this financial information can be coming from me. Anyone who knows me knows that I cannot even balance my checkbook. I relied on Dick Eastman’s 14 May 2012 Genealogy Newsletter. If you care to read more about it, please visit his website: blog.eogn.com.

So, I am left dumbfounded. I am sure Ancestry.com will rise to the challenge and find a way to continue airing this great program.

No comments:

Post a Comment