Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother’s Day


My mother is an angel and this is the fourth Mother’s Day that I celebrate her as an angel. I never imagined living life with an angel mother. I wish I had, for I would have been more thoughtful and deliberate in how I celebrated each Mother’s Day while she was alive.

My mother was born to be a mother. Motherhood meant everything to her. She invested every fiber of her being into her children from the moment each child was born until her last breath of life.  I know for I was at the beginning and the end and witness to everything in between.

Mom kept a book, Safeguarding Motherhood, by Sol T. De Lee M.D. It was her guidebook to pregnancy. I recall her referring to the book during my first pregnancy. Saving that book speaks volumes about her loving dedication to her family and the profession of motherhood.





Thank you for taking the time to read about my Mother on this day dedicated to all mothers. I would love to hear something special about your Mother. If you can, please take a moment to share a special memory about your beautiful Mother.

With Love,

Linda

5 comments:

  1. My mom is fun. If there was a storm and we lost power, she made popcorn, got out the Coleman lantern and we played games. I probably still love storms because I have fond, not fearful memories. Our house was not orderly, but kids came to our house to play and slide down stairs and just be silly. I am amazed after posting her picture on Facebook that so many people commented and had great memories of time spent with her. I hope I can be half the woman she has been throughout her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you have to worry about that, Aunt Carol!

      Delete
    2. Carol, Thank your for sharing a special memory of your mother. After meeting "Grannie Annie" I think her middle name must be FUN! Her humor and zest for life have been passed down to you!
      I appreciate you honoring your mother with this heartfelt story.
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Thank you Linda for sharing your beautiful memories of your mother, I wish that I could of met her. I would say that my mother was one of the most gengerous people I know, she was always giving, even though she did not have very much at all, but she always had a gift from her heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, This Mother's Day must be bitter/sweet. You have mentioned your mother's generosity as a gift from her heart. What a beautiful description of your mother. I feel blessed to have met her and equally blessed to call you cousin!
      Linda

      Delete