Monday, August 27, 2012

My Brilliant Idea


The Dooley Family research is moving along at a nice pace. Internet research has yielded some baptismal records for the children of William Dooley and Mary Egan. Family Search has digitized the records; which are quite easy to view and eliminate much legwork . The Dooley children were baptized at Holy Family Church located at 1080 W. Roosevelt Rd., Chicago.  I don’t read Latin, but I believe the church records were written in Latin. This deduction comes, of course, from my wild guess.

Here is Stephen Arthur Clement Dooley’s baptismal record found in Holy Family Church’s record book. I do not know where the original record book is located, but it is fun to see a copy of the actual record itself.

Please click on the record for a larger view and use out your magnifying glass to read the record that is located towards the bottom of the page. You will see that Steven was baptized Arthur. The church made an added note about his marriage to Elizabeth Marino at St. Viator’s Church.






“Illinois, Chicago, Catholic Church Records, 1833-1928,” Holy Family (Chicago) images, Family Search (http://www.familysearch.org : accessed 21 Aug 2012), Dooley, Stephen baptism and marriage.


Today, as I was walking my dog, I came up with a brilliant idea of having the Dooley Family attend Mass at Holy Family Church. It would be a memorable way for the descendants to go back to their familial and religious roots.


No comments:

Post a Comment