Monday, September 17, 2012

The Search Continues

 
Brick by brick, piece by piece I continue to build my Dooley evidence always on the hunt for William and Ellen Dooley’s origin. Their son, David F. Dooley’s death certificate reports William Dooley and Ellen Hart’s origin as Cork, Ireland. This death certificate is my one and only lead to Ireland and the search continues.

I have searched immigration records for William Dooley. There are several possibilities for William, but the immigration records provide little evidence to distinguish one William from another. Records offer an age, year of immigration, country of origin and destination. Arrivals reported “Ireland” as their country of origin and “United States” as their destination. I fear looking for William Dooley’s immigration records is like looking for that proverbial needle in a haystack.

Ellen Hart is equally puzzling. One immigration record matches her age and reported date of immigration. Unfortunately, the Ellen Hart of that record arrived in Tasmania not the U.S.A. She’s not my Ellen!

The Good News is that kink from my last post is not a kink at all. The Dooleys located in Lot S26, Block 45, Section S of Calvary Cemetery are my Dooleys; every single one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment