Thursday, November 29, 2012

All I Want for Christmas . . .


Thoughts Silas W. Cobb and Sarah Cobb nee Hawks remain in my mind. Following the gift of the beautiful photograph of my fourth great-grandmother’s gravestone, I received yet another surprise

About a year ago, Mary Murphy of Vermont made contact regarding Sarah Cobb nee Hawks. Mary is the Commissioner of Cemeteries in Washington County, Vermont and the discoverer Sarah Cobb’s gravestone. Mary recently came across information about Silas W. Cobb and his family and offered to forward the information.

She tells me that Silas W. Cobb was born 15 October 1776! Silas W. Cobb’s children report both parents’ birthplaces as Massachusetts. Silas was interested in Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys. I have a hunch that his father was a Patriot.

The Dooley research is on hold waiting for requested information to arrive. The search is on for the Hawks Family line and I am desperately seeking Sarah.

Can you guess what my Christmas wish is?


No comments:

Post a Comment