Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran’s Day 2013



 I miss my World War II Father and Uncles. My Grandparents had four of their five sons serve during World War II. Today’s photographs are of my grandparent’s home.


It was a blessing that their four boys came home safely when so many young men did not get that opportunity. I hope everyone understands and remembers the courage and sacrifice of The Greatest Generation.


My sons were interested in my father’s war stories; which Dad gladly shared. I remember one night when Dad was telling about how he crossed the English Channel. He spoke of seasickness and of being fired upon. My very young son innocently replied that he would just dive under the water and my father told him bullets go under water too.


In Loving Memory of Bob, Al, George and Marvin Meyer


No comments:

Post a Comment