Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Good & The Bad




The Good:  
The Federation of Genealogical Societies 2013 Conference is currently underway in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Fort Wayne is a reasonable distance from home and would be a great mid-west conference to attend. I would have loved to attend the society meetings and the many genealogy lectures offered.

The Bad: 
I am a procrastinator and failed to register for the conference. I considered squeezing in a couple days, but last minute commitments made a quick trip impossible.

The Good:  
As program chair for my local genealogy society, I see many of the speakers that lecture to my local society are presenting at FGS. The Chicago area speaker pool is brimming with many talented genealogists, such as: Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, Ginger Frere, Daniel Hubbard, Teresa, Steinkamp McMillin and Debra Mieszala.

The Bad: 
I really wish I were attending FGS.

The Good:  
When one door is closed other doors always open. I helped my daughter.
I arranged to volunteer in the genealogy room of my local library. The money I saved by not attending the FGS will be spent on son’s car repair bill.

There is good and bad in everything including missing out on a great local conference!

1 comment: